2024

2024

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Happy birthday, Noah!



A year ago we were blessed with, (as many refer to as when they encounter him), our "pretty" baby.  It's not often that boys are referred to as pretty, but he gets that comment often.  He is certainly a beautiful little soul and his delivery speaks to who he still is today.  He's not in a hurry for anything and is pretty laid back when it comes to pretty much anything.  I still recall eagerly awaiting labor to begin with him, and once it started, continually wondering when he was going to arrive.  He certainly took his time & seemed to almost crawl back up to the top of my uterus as if he wanted to stay in his warm & cozy place.  The Lord was definitely teaching me patience and trust during that time!

He is now mastering walking around, a milestone that I have to admit I have not completely encouraged.  One reason is for the simple fact that walking equals falling, and when you have a head larger in proportion to the rest of your body, you tend to fall on it.  The other reason being that it means that he's growing up and baby is now a toddler, something that gets harder to let go of with each child...especially when you think it may be your last one.  So for now, I relish in the cuddle times, rejoice in the accomplishments, remember the precious memories and thank God for all of the blessings (and challenges) that come with them all and that I get to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment