2024

2024

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sleepy head

It's been over 8 months since our family has been at the Schoenstatt Retreat Center where we spent a weekend every month for the past 4 years preparing for Jason's deacon ministry.  We brought the whole family almost every single month, as they provided sitters for the kids while class was in session.  It was a comfort to Jason to have us there, a much needed break for me to get a little rest & let others spoil the kids, and a great experience for the kids to be around great role models and to spend some time getting to know the Sisters as well.  I always knew it was such a blessing for us to be able to stay there every month and how much it felt like another home, but I miss it even more so now that it's no longer on our monthly schedule since Jason's ordination. 

Luckily for us, we get to go back once or twice a year for a retreat or continuing education.  We told the kids that we were going to see "the nuns" again & Ian started jumping up & down joyfully shouting, "I LOVE going to the nuns!  I can't wait to go to Sleepy Head!" 

I love the fact that he's excited to go & what's even cuter is that it's actually in the town of Sleepy EYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment