I know...to you this is gross. To me, it's the exciting beginning of the end of a 13-year journey that I would like to call "diaper changing". No, it didn't take me 13 years to toilet train my kids, but we have been changing diapers every day for the last 13 years. "Really?" you're thinking. "How is that possible?" Well, we have always had someone in diapers. Actually, at one point in our parenting journey, we had 3 in diapers, and I remember actually lining them up like an assembly line and changing them all at once to save time. A.J. eventually learned how to pee on trees in the yard, so that helped get him out of diapers after his 4th birthday. (Bonus of living in the country with boys, but a luxury we do not currently have.) We may have had a small break between Faith and Ian, but we were so busy that I barely remember. But for all of the boys, they didn't even come close to toilet training until after they were all 4, hence the continuous reign of diaper duty.
So, yes, I did a potty dance when Noah accomplished this, and considering the fact that we've been asking him for awhile about the potty, shouldn't surprise anyone. He actually had a fear of the water in the toilet (thank you America's Funniest Home Videos for that phobia!), and got upset with me when I strolled through the potty section the first time to let him pick one out. Luckily, the second trip with Daddy by his side, he agreed to this one.
I was disappointed the other kids did not share my enthusiasm and refused to dance with me, despite much coaching to be excited for their baby brother (and me), so you can imagine their disgust when I took this picture! I got the, "Seriously Mom?!" I didn't even get laughs...just disgust. I had to laugh though, because my days of paying back my kids for years of embarrassing moments is also beginning. Haha, yes!
I will promise to not post any pictures when he does the other "duty" though (LOL), but I WILL be dancing!
No comments:
Post a Comment