2024

2024

Sunday, May 10, 2009

I love Sundays like these...

Today was a perfect way to spend a Sunday for me. I woke up to the sound of a cooing baby and the smell of baseball pancakes. Soon after I got downstairs, Jason & the kids presented me with a gift & beautiful homemade card (I love those!).

We then went to Mass & were touched by stories of the poor and starving in Haiti (I was moved to tears). After Mass we stopped over at Mom & Dad's and they made french toast for us (yummy!). Jason & the kids then delivered meals to the homebound while Ian & I hung out at the house & Ian took a nap with Grandma.

We headed home to play some games and take in a little Sunday snooze. This time, Ian took a nap with me. (My best naps involve snuggling with my babies.) Then, at 4:00, we headed back over to Mom & Dad's for a Mother's Day get-together which involved a wonderful smorgasbord of yummy food & cheeseburgers on the grill. To top it off, not one, but 3 awesome desserts! Once again, my voracious nursing mother appetite took over, but I have to admit that I really don't feel too guilty about it.

I am definitely blessed to be a mom & to have so many great moms in my life to share that joy with. In a newsletter from Father Corapi, he expresses his words of thanks to all moms. I posted it on our church website to share. It says it all so well...

No comments:

Post a Comment