2024

2024

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Killing time...

Not much new here...we're just trying to stay cool in the 90 degree weather with high humidity. Today wasn't quite as humid, just what I call "Arizona hot". It's dry heat (they say), but your skin still feels like it's going to start on fire when you're in the sun.

When we lived in Arizona for a few months during their "winter" season, I worked at a 24-hour emergency veterinary hospital. Even though it was fairly mild at that time of the year, there were still some days it got plenty hot. I had left a pen on the dashboard after work one night and when I went to get it the next day (after it had spent all day there) I realized there was something weird with it. The plastic had softened and my pen was now bent from the extreme heat. It looks as if it was made that way. It's kind of neat. I had never seen that happen before & I actually still have that pen.

Is there a point to this story? Not really. I just wanted to post something & I can't put up any pictures yet because something is fishy with my computer wanting to communicate with my new camera. So in order to get pictures on here, I need to download them onto the laptop, save them onto a thumbdrive and then transfer them over to this computer. I have no idea why this computer won't download the software, and Jason borrowed out all the thumbdrives, so until we get them back, you'll just have to imagine the kids.

Ian is now 19 weeks old and weighs 17 pounds and is 25 inches long. Faith is becoming quite expressive & is breaking out of her shell. Laney has 2 new teeth in the front and is doing really well at swimming underwater. AJ can't be busy enough. If he's not on a bike, he has to be swimming, fishing, playing with the neighbors or at Father Jeremy's, or asking what he can do so he's not so bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment