2024

2024

Friday, September 19, 2014

Good advice

A wise friend recently told me that it's not a bad idea to invest in something early in life that will make your life easier, especially with little kids, and very much especially with 5 of them!  So with that in mind I finally decided to make a couple of purchases that would do so.

When you go from a house with 2 trees in your yard to one that looks like this...
 


 Front yard


Back yard
 
Did you count them all?  I have.  There are 22 trees and all will lose their leaves each fall except for 2 of them.  So when you have 20 trees (not including the lilac bushes, and grape and ivy vines), in a small, fenced-in back yard & live on a corner lot, it's not crazy to invest in one of these...
 
 
Oh, and 3 of those trees are apple trees and this year they look like this...
 


...so that's why I bought 2 of these...
 

Why 2, you ask?  You remember that we have 5 kids, right?  Well, 2 peelers are better than 1, but 5 was out of the budget.  Plus, I am thinking that after a few apples, they will get tired of it anyways, so when they do, Jason and I will have something we can work together on.
Thank God for good friends and good advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment