2024

2024

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Take me out to the ball game

It comes with little surprise that when I married a man who loves baseball that most of our children would love it too.  So as our kids grow, I realize that my years of sitting beside a diamond will become a more frequent occurrence during our summers.  It is fun to watch them play and I am amazed at what they can do at such a young age.
 
Faith started her first year in fast-pitch softball after a few years of T-ball.  She was often seen on the pitcher's mound and behind the plate.  She likes to be where the action is.

Ian played T-ball again, but his favorite place to be was with Daddy and the Mudhens team...
in the dugout...

...and on the field afterwards.  I swear the boy would sleep on the field if given the chance!

Noah had the role of spectator with me, but sat by Daddy any chance he could get.

A.J. did lots of playing behind the plate and at shortstop, as well as pitching a little.

His team took 2nd place in an ALL DAY double-elimination tournament.  
I think they ended up playing 6 games that day!
We were all tired, but they did great...coming in 2nd to a team that played over 30 games this year, compared to our dozen or so.

As you can see, they never rest and baseball doesn't end even when we're off the field,
but I sure love it!
 
(If you're wondering about Laney, she doesn't care much for sports,
but she really enjoys being in a quiet home with SuzyCat while the rest of us run around.)

No comments:

Post a Comment