2024

2024

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Halfway through!

This weekend, Jason & 10 of his permanent diaconate program classmates took part in the Rite of Installation of Lector into the Catholic Church. It was a beautiful Mass as the church choir's angelic voices sang hymns of praise while the candidates (donned in crisp, white albs) proceeded up the aisle, as well as receeded at the end, with the Bishop LeVoir, Monsignor Lozinski, 2 priests (one being Fr. Paul Timmerman), 2 deacons, seminarians, and acolytes. (I am not positive I have all that info 100% perfect.) The were called forward & received a bible from the Bishop as a reminder to bring the Word to the people as preparation for service to them.

Deacon Mark (the director of the Permanent Diaconate program in the New Ulm Diocese) mentioned to us that it was probably going to be the only time that they would be in a Mass where all 7 different levels of service would be present. (I know I don't have all 7 listed...I couldn't remember them all...I was tending to baby when he mentioned it & caught the tail end of his announcement.) But even aside from all that, it was really neat. We are officially halfway through his studies, with 2 1/2 years down & the same to look forward to. It has been an incredible journey filled with learning, bonding, faith & friendships and we are thankful for the opportunity & anticipate the future with open hearts & minds to God's will.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the progress! May the '2nd half' bring you many many blessings!

    ReplyDelete