2024

2024

Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'm officially "a Lady"


It's a good thing that Jason embarks on adventures, otherwise I'd probably never have a reason to get dressed up.
Last weekend, he was "knighted" and in doing so, officially makes me a "lady" I guess. He's in the Knights of Columbus, a Catholic fraternal men's organization. He joined a couple of years ago when St. Ed's didn't have their own chapter, and now there are over 30 men from our parish area who are involved. It has been great to see the men, as a group, doing their work for the church. They love doing the "manly" things such as cutting down trees in the cemetary and ripping out carpet in the church, as well as doing charitable things such as fundraisers and pro-life awareness events.
So getting back to Sir Jason...when he joined, he was a 1st degree knight. This last installment was his 4th degree and during that time, the wives are invited to join the men for the evening social & banquet. As you can see, they are all wearing tuxes, so we decided to get spiffed up as well. Good thing, too, now that I am "Lady Myhre" ;) Yeah, that sounds weird to me too!
I hear the ceremony was just as a "knighting" should be, with the sword and all. And now when events come up that call for the Knights, Jason & his fellow 4th degrees can get all gussied up in their entire regalia (part of which includes his own sword, cape & feathery hat) Neat, huh? I look forward to seeing it! (If you're imagining 3 Musketeers, it's not quite like that...)
Also getting their 4th degrees that day were: Seth (Jason's brother, who also sells insurance for the Knights), with wife Teresa; Wayne Hennen & Lisa; and Father Jeremy (holding Ian). It was a great meal which included the largest piece of cake I have ever been served! I managed to inhale the entire meal though, despite a snug-fitting dress...a nursing mom's gotta eat ya know!

No comments:

Post a Comment