2024

2024

Thursday, October 29, 2009

"You can't catch a cold from farting."

Yes, that's actually what came out of my mouth the other night while talking to the kids about germs and washing their hands. I insist that the kids wash their hands when they get home from school & before they eat. But after watching them eat that night, I have decided that it's a good idea during cold & flu season to have them wash their hands after eating as well.

After eating with fingers and licking them, AJ proceeded to move over to the baby and put his hands all over Ian's face. I asked him to please wash his hands before he touched him & said that was one of the ways that germs that make us sick and pass around. I added that may be one of the reasons Ian is sick with the same thing as AJ.

AJ then ventured to say that maybe we're sick because of Laney's farts, which I instinctively answered with, "You can't catch a cold from farting.", after which I paused and immediately began to laugh for the silliness of that very sentence. We all had a good laugh & I knew it had to be blogged.

AJ had to finish with the comment that her farts, (which are quite frequent), do make us sick more times than not, but we all know that it wouldn't do any good to wash our hands in that case.

No comments:

Post a Comment