2024

2024

Monday, November 2, 2009

Daylight Savings Time

It's remarkable that one little hour change twice a year can make such a difference! No matter what we do or don't do as parents, the effects on our kids are amazing. Case in point, it was DST that pushed our kids to a 7:00 bedtime that seems to have done well with us for the last year. No matter what time we put our kids to bed, they were up at the buttcrack of dawn. So we thought we'd at least make it work to our advantage and make for an earlier bedtime.

Well, this morning DST ending reared it's early head as the 2 older ones awoke, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, at 5 AM on the dot. I unfortunately am a very light sleeper and was forced to arise when they did. Ironically, it was the best Ian has slept in months. He has been getting up 4-5 times a night to nurse and is up for the morning around 6. I usually don't go to bed until around 10:30-11, so you do the math...I don't sleep for very long stretches. But last night, he only woke up once after I crawled into bed, so you can imagine my disgust when the older ones were up so early and ready for the day.

Hopefully it will get better as the week goes on. If anything, maybe I'll learn to reap what "fall back 1 hour" has to sow and get to bed earlier so I can be ready for the day before everyone else. Did I mention that I'm the night owl? Jason's the early riser, or at least the one who's less crabby when awakened early. Too bad it's just harder to wake him up!

No comments:

Post a Comment